Is your to-do list never-ending? Do you feel completely swamps with work tasks and obligations? You’re not alone. So many busy professionals today want to know how to increase their productivity. Let’s explore productivity tips for busy professionals to get you started.
Productivity Core Principles
While there are many different productivity theories, most people find these core principles valuable across the board:
- Single Focus: Whenever possible, focus on one task at a time to maximize productivity. Multi-tasking pulls your energy in different directions and can not only lead to distraction but getting less productivity overall.
- Time Blocking: To help you minimize multi-tasking, allocate specific time slots for different tasks to ensure your work is focused. For example block out one hour for email correspondence, then one hour for organizing files, instead of trying to do both at once.
- Delegate and Outsource: You don’t have to do it all! When you learn the power of delegation and outsourcing, you can get so much more done.
Daily Productivity Tips
Working these daily productivity tips into your routine is one of the best productivity tips for busy professionals:
- Planning: Each morning, review your calendar and make a plan for the day. You may be able to mostly plan further in advance as well, but if you’re like most busy professionals today, time-sensitive tasks can easily pile up. Block out time to address these whenever possible. Don’t forget to plan time for self-care!
- Healthy Habits: You can’t be productive when you don’t feel well. Stay hydrated, make healthy eating choices, and take breaks to maintain a balanced mind and body. Your physical and mental wellbeing has to come first, before your work life can thrive.
- Eliminate Distractions: Distractions are the bane of productivity. Create a conducive work environment to help you stay focused. Use website blockers, silence unnecessary notifications, and keep your work space tidy. Designate specific times for checking emails and messages to minimize distractions.
Best Productivity Apps for Busy Professionals
Thankfully, there are several tools and apps to help you stay focused and boost productivity. Some of our favorites are:
- Todoist: Great to-do list app
- Reclaim.ai: Awesome AI scheduling assistant to protect your focused time
- Evernote: Helpful note-taking app
- Freedom: Great app to block websites and apps that lead to distraction
- Pocket: Easily save articles to read later
- 1Password:Helpful password manager app
- Loom: Screen recording app, save time meeting live with colleagues when you can quickly share ideas and workflows via recorded screens share
- DailyHabits: Helpful habit tracker app
- Trello: Versatile project management tool, particularly helpful for visual people
Work/life balance is difficult to achieve today, and it’s constantly in flux. But feeling good about the energy you put both into your home and work life will ultimately help you boost productivity overall. For busy professionals with a full home and family life, delegating is almost certainly going to be your key to success. You can’t do it all. We can help you hire help for both work and home, so you can let go of mundane tasks and focus on your top goals.